








Anthony was born Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 2:53 pm. Weighing in at 6 pounds and 8 ounces and 19 inches long. This has been an extremely hard but rewarding week. I have a lot of information but will try to keep it short and simple. Anthony only has 1 kidney and he went through a lot of test run in the NICU to make sure it is working properly. The pyloragram confirmed that he has an extremely dilated ureter secondary from reflux of urine back into the renal pelvis during urination. At first, the urologist and nephrologist were concerned that there might not be enough parenchymal mass left for the kidney to function. The nuclear scan showed that there was no remnant of the right kidney. They were even preparing us for the possibility of the need for a kidney transplant. However, each day his creatine level (key indicator of renal function) continued to go down which showed that enough renal cortex was functioning to filter his blood. The neonatal nephrologist is optimistic for long term function of the kidney.
We want to thank each of you for your thoughts and prayers. Without them, I don't believe that we would be this blessed.
Here are some pictures of Anthony a.k.a. The Rocc! We will continue to keep everyone updated as to his progress. Anthony will be on antibiotics for some time because of the urine backing into the kidney as well as a special formula for his kidney. We are so fortunate to have such a support system and are so relieved to have him home. Last night was our first night home - we slept with one eye open.
Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
7 comments:
Congratulations! It is so great to see the pictures of your little man...he is beautiful. I am so happy for you guys and little Anthony James...I only wish I were closer to Texas. Congratulations again, talk to you soon. Linda
April, He is beautiful! Congratulations, and I will be praying for y'all!
Meredith Meurrier (Sis' granddaughter)
Congratulations! I know you guys are glad to be home. Very handsome young man, hopefully he will grow up to look like his mother, because his dad is still just as ugly as I remember. We are still praying for you all, let us know if we can help in any way.
Stephen and Heather Mobley
He is beautiful! I know this has been a challenging week, but it is worth it! Before you know it, he will be chasing women! We will keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers!
Yeah! Guys he is perfect! We miss you and love you more than you'll ever know. Mark and Rita
He is so Handsome! Congratulations to you and Toni! I wish you all well and hope you get some sleep.
Give little man a kiss for me!
I miss you!
Jess
Hi,Rocconi family. He is absolutely adorable! Just know that you are in our prayers. He look like he is doing just fine. Congratulations to you both!
Post a Comment