Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Update

We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and calls concerning The Rocc. Sorry for not returning some or all of your calls - we are all talked out. We went to the Neonatal Specialist yesterday and he noticed some major changes in the ultrasound that has him concerned - we then met with the Pediatric Urologist who gave us a run down of what could be happening but again will not know until he gets here. The Urologist referred us to a Pediatric Nephrologist and suggested that we deliver at a different hospital because of the support staff and specialist available in Dallas where I can deliver and The Rocc can get the care he needs. Otherwise, I would deliver and he would have to be transported to a different facility for his care.

So on to today - we met with the Nephrologist, the Neonatal Doctor and a new OB at the new hospital where I will deliver. We were given best case and worst case scenario but will not know until he arrives. We do know that he will be in the NICU and pray that everything functions properly and that he can get out and come home asap with no complications!!

I will try to update the blog if and when possible. I have also added some music to the site. The song by Bryan Adams "I'll always be right there" is the song that Tony and I danced to at our wedding - 11 years ago! Time has really flown. I hope you enjoy the songs.

Please pray for us.

6 comments:

Mischele said...

April,

Great song. It fits the situation! Been thinking alot about you guys the last few days. Just wanted to let you all know that we love you very much. We both want you to know that if you need anything, we are only a phone call away (and a 4 hr drive). I know you guys know that, but I want to reiterate that fact to you. We are praying for not just the Rocc but for you two also.

We love you and our thoughts and prayers will not end. You guys are like family to us and family sticks beside each other through thick and thin.

Good luck to you on Tuesday. I know you will do just fine (Tony on the other hand, we have to question (haha). The Rocc is going to surprise us all and be just fine.

Love you lots

Mischele & Brian

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt April and Uncle Tony!

This is one of the best websites Ive ever seen! I know yall will be fine on Tuesday. Ive been praying for yall alot lately and Ive been meaning to call but i just havent had time right now. The Rocc will be fine.. Things always get worse before they get better.

I miss yall very much and keep yall in my prayers. All you have to do is count on God to help you get through it and you know he will. Ill call you later on next week to see how things are going.

Love Always,
-Paisli-

Kathy B said...

April, Tony & Lil Roc,
Our thoughts and prayers are with y'all. If he is anything like his parents this little one will not let a little only kidney problem get him down. Good Luck!
Love,
Kathy & DJ Baker

stephen mobley said...

Hey guys i just recently heard that you were expecting, so a late congratulations on that. I received an e-mail about your blog page from K Walters today and just wanted to let you know that Heather and I are praying for all of you. I hope the delivery goes well tomorrow. The Lord is still working miracles everyday (I think I have proved that fact, since Heather hasn't divorced me and has also given me two children). I know you guys are very busy right now, but I am leaving contact info, please do not hesitate to call us if we can help in any way. I also am going to put you guys on the prayer list at church.

email: mobleymsufan@yahoo.com
901-487-3614

Stephen and Heather Mobley

Anonymous said...

Tony and April,
You guys are going to make wonderful parents. The roc is great. I like that a lot. We wish you luck and happiness with your new baby. We are praying for everything to be ok. Heather and I will be thinking of you. Let us if there is anything we can do!

Cary and Stephany Sexton said...

Tony and April,
I like Stephen was unaware that you guys were expecting until I received Squirrel's email. First of all congratulations. I know from observing both of you with my kids that he will never be unloved or unspoiled. We will be praying for all three of you. Do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else you need even if it only a pair of listening ears.


God bless,

Cary and Stephany Sexton