Tuesday, January 13, 2015
November and December 2014
Well let me just start with saying this is going to be the longest and hardest post I have ever had to make. Not sure how long it's going to take to get through it - typing and crying is hard work. Since my last post in October - well it really has been a whirlwind and man have I needed God's strength as well as my family and friends. I so want to go back in time as I sure most of do when we lose someone so close and dear to us. But let me recount the events since Anthony's pumpkin patch first.
Red Ribbon week at School - mustache you not to do drugs - lol dress in your favorite school jersey - silly day - etc.
We had a fun night trick or treating - we started off at the Sonic for the trunk or treat - had a good time and saw lots of people. Then we all we to one of the local neighborhoods in Pilot Point and it was a little cool but Anthony had a blast- there were even a few houses passing out hot dogs - so nice - Anthony grab one of course and off he ran to the next house. November: The next morning Anthony had a very cold soccer game - that they won! That afternoon I prepared food for the teachers to eat after the Fall Festival was over and they shut their booths down. Anthony loved walking around playing the games and seeing all of his friends -we hung out for 1/2 of the live auction that night but Austin was getting ready to go - we got there at 3 and by 9 we were ready to check out. The money raised helps the teachers and they had a great profit.
That week I took Anthony to the dentist for his yearly check-up and he did fantastic as usual - teeth are great - so lucky and happy for him. Last soccer game of the season -Anthony has really advanced in his knowledge and skills and over the season scored several goals - at least one to two these last few games. Soccer Awards with pizza party was fun - getting to visit and play with his team mates!
Our great friends Craig and Iliahi came to visit with their precious little girl Alohi! We had such a great time visiting with them and so glad they made the trip to Texas to visit us - our turn next time to visit them on their farm in Mississippi. Alohi and Austin did really good. I was afraid that Austin would pull on her face or something since he is walking and touching and grabbing things but they did good and just played. Anthony enjoyed having them here as well - we drove to Cabelas and walked around but mostly visited here at the house and ate!
On November 20 - Tony and I took Austin back to the cardiologist for his check-up (was born with a small hole in his heart). Bad new first right - well the hole hasn't closed but the good news is, it is so so tiny that the cardiologist doesn't see it giving Austin any problems no need to be on restricted activities. We will continue to monitor of course and if he should have labored breathing etc we will follow up immediately - otherwise we will return in one year! I can not express how blessed I am by God to first bless Tony and I with 2 boys but the miracle that they are healthy despite Anthony only having one kidney and Austin with the small hole in his heart. It really is a miracle how the body comes together!
For Thanksgiving we decided to go to Island 82 and spend a few days. It has been a couple of years since I have been and years and years since we have gone for Thanksgiving - I know we haven't been for Thanksgiving since before Anthony was born. It was a lot of fun - Anthony loved it - riding 4 wheelers - coon hunting - playing on the river bank - meeting new friends - etc. It was hard for Tony and I with Austin as he started walking and the Island is not really a place for a baby that has just started to walk - but we managed and had a great time being together and visiting with everyone. Now on to December:
I worked the Santa Shop at the school for the PTO a couple of days for a few hours and enjoyed seeing the kids come in with their money and being able to pick out a special present for their mom/dad and siblings. Laughing so many times when they had to put somethings back because they didn't have enough money because they wanted to get something for them as well- lol
Anthony is still taking Tae Kwon Do and has practice every Tuesday - he enjoys it - I think - well he likes playing with the other kids in the class. December 11 - the school held a winter concert for 3rd grade and under. It turned out so good and so sweet and funny watching the kids that were really into it and those that were their because they had to be! Anthony's class sang the 12 days of Christmas and Jingle Bells (I think :)) They danced and had different movements for each of the 12 days. That weekend the Tioga fire department had Breakfast with Santa and pictures - Austin was NOT a fan to say the least! Before we headed out to see Santa - I took the opportunity while they were dressed to take some pictures of the boys. They turned out so cute - of course!!
December 16 - Last Karate until after Christmas break - and they got to break a board - Anthony was nervous - although he would never say that aloud - he keeps so much in about he feelings sometimes but then again -so do I. Anyway- he asked he if it was going to hurt and that he didn't think some of the kids would be able to break it - well each one got to try totally by himself with Mrs. Maxwell talking them through how they need to position their foot and each one got 5 trys - not one of them were able to break it. On to round two - Anthony was up first - she positioned his foot and told him to kick and bam it broke on his second kick. I was so happy for him - he looked up at me with a smile so big that yes he did do it!
That week I worked on Anthony's class party stuff -I offered to take over for the teacher - I made reindeer cookies, rice crispy treats with sprinkles, weenies wrapped with crescent rolls, as well as the craft for the class each student made an ornament with a message for the teacher - I went to the Lake and got several nice pine tree branches and made a tree with ribbons for the kids to hang their ornament when they finished. We also played musical chairs - may need to rethink that idea for next year - wow can get a little crazy with 16 kids. They exchanged gifts and had a great time. We left right after the party and headed to Arkansas. Tony had work to do in Jonesboro so we decided to come along and visit my parents and my aunt and uncle for Austin's 1st Birthday as we were planning on staying here for Christmas 2014.
We met Tony's brother Phil and his wife Melissa in Hope to look at their horse that was having some problems breathing and had a good visit and supper then made it to Searcy where Tony had more horse to look at the next morning - got checked into the Hotel and the boys opened their gifts from Melissa and Phil so that made the trip so much better lol. Tony got up early and left to go treat the horses and was back by the time I got the boys up and dressed. Now on to the next stop Jonesboro - We met my parents - Tony headed out to work and we headed to Chick Fil a for lunch. My Aunt and Uncle met us and had such a great visit! Watching Anthony play with other kids and Austin eating everything. Austin is really walking now and even got a little play time in the play zone.
We left and headed to Osceola where my mom had birthday cake for Austin! Can't believe he is one! I stayed up and visited with my parents until we were all so tired - Tony made it in and we spent Sunday going to church and hanging out. Tony mowed the leaves around the house and helped my dad with a sink at one of their rental houses. Dad was laughing his butt off as I went thru the attic getting some old Christmas stuff that I wanted to take back with me - He said don't pull me into this - Tony's going to blow his lid when he sees this (of course he wouldn't). We talked about them coming out soon and so so glad we were there. Austin got sick Sunday night threw up one time but seemed fine Monday am so we headed out as we wanted to be able to stop several times along the way to help the trip. 9 hours is a long ride! Made it back -Austin fussed most of the trip - come to find out Tuesday am he had diarrhea and Tony wasn't feeling good. I called Mom to warn her - too late she already had it - and Dad started with it early Wednesday am - so Mom called everyone to not come to their house and that maybe Thursday it would be passed. Tony and Austin got better as well as Mom within 12 hours but Dad just couldn't shake it Christmas morning Tony and I woke up and the boys opened their presents before we went to church- my brother came over to my parents first thing Christmas morning - Thursday - and my dad had another seizure - they called the ambulance got him loaded and headed off - they lost his pulse and didn't get it back until they got to the hospital - stabilized him and careflighted him to Jonesboro -where they lost his pulse again during the flight. They called us right after we got out of Church around 10:00 when they loaded Dad on the helicopter- we packed up and headed out. Phil and Melissa met us in Caddo Valley and took the boys to Camden for us where they stayed with Doc, Teresa, Carol, and Nan - they were well looked after! The rest is a blur.......we made it to Jonesboro around 7 that night and they opened the ICU up at 8:30 - he was unresponsive, on a respirator, and his blood pressure was extremely low. We sat with him through the night and he slipped away around 6:00am on December 26, 2014. It is still hard to believe he is gone from this world but lives everyday though his family and friends that loved him dearly.
The funeral service was beautiful - so many people came to say goodbye and tell funny stories and talk about how much he is going to be missed! Several people got up and spoke on his behalf and it was so touching. My family still misses him everyday and I know we always will. I took this quote from a friend of mine that just lost her father as well and wanted to share it:
>It broke my heart to lose you, but you did not go alone, a part of me went with you the day God took you home. If tears could build a stairway and heartaches make a lane, I'd walk my way to heaven and bring you back again. In life I loved you Daddy and in death I love you still, in my heart you hold a place that no one could ever fill.
I hope those that follow my blog enjoy keeping up with all that we do. Wishing each and everyone of you a blessed 2015. It's going to be a tough year for my family without my Dad so please continue to think and pray for us. I plan on making another post soon with some great pictures of my Dad.
Here are some of the pictures from November and December:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment