Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Locked Door
This is so funny...or at least it is to me and Tony....and I'm sure other parents out there will laugh as well. Anthony has been in a toddler bed since he was a little over a year old. The reason for that is that instead of trying to climb out which he could not do - he decided to take his blanket and throw his body - HEAD FIRST out of the crib! With Tony and me watching on the monitor - he was fine of course but the next day we took the crib down and up came the toddler bed. All great right? Wrong - ever since then we have had to sit beside the bed until he goes to sleep or he would just get up and walk out of his room. Do you know where this is heading... Last week I told him ok it's time for bed...all is good he gets in I sit with him for a little while saying our prayers, etc..... I was extremely tired and told him that I was going to bed (after sitting there for 30 minutes and he still wasn't asleep!) I walked out...told him goodnight and walked out the door and held it shut so he couldn't open it up. Well guess what...I saw the light come on he came running to the door and ha he could not open it. He said "mamma locked the door!" ran back and turned off the light and jumped back in his bed. YEA!! Problem solved..... We have been doing this for a week now and he doesn't even try to get out!!:) But sometimes in the morning when he wakes up he says "why you lock door?" Last night I sat with him for a little bit as we said our prayers then I got up and as I was walking out Anthony says...."Goodnight Mom" How sweet is that!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment